SES 3.10a and NRF51 DK Examples

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SES 3.10a and NRF51 DK Examples

I'm evaluating SES 3.10a for a commercial project, currently prototyping with the NRF51 DK. I tried following the instructions here to setup SES for NRF development and I can't get any NRF5-SDK examples to compile. I want to compile for the NRF51 DK PCA10028 eventually, but I'm trying to follow the example to the letter now and selecting the ble_app_hrs_s132_pca10040.uvprojx project. I tried with both NRF SDK 11.0 and 12.0.

Steps followed:

- I installed the CMSIS and nRF Device packages, but used the package manager instead of manually installing the NRF package as the NRF package seems to be included now.
    - I choose File->Import IAR/Keil Project, and navigate to the same folder/file as the tutorial
    - Here's where things deviate from the tutorial: I'm not shown a "Project Template Chooser" window, just an "Import Build Configuration" window, where I choose Internal (I don't have Keil).
    - I get a message saying "Project is Imported"

My Project Items tree doesn't have any folder for "CMSIS Files". When I build, I get an error message "nrf_gpio.h: No such file or directory"

How do I import a NRF5-SDK example properly?
    Images
    • Screenshot 2016-09-08 08.54.04.png

138.53 kB, 872×917, viewed 1,472 times
    • Screenshot 2016-09-08 09.01.24.png

373.07 kB, 1,269×973, viewed 1,746 times
  • Hi,

With Embedded Studio V3 and the support for external toolchains the project importer has changed.

Since the "Project Template Chooser" is not used, you currently need to add the support files manually to your project.
    The files (startup, vectors, memory map, registers, system source and header) can be found in the nRF support package.
    Create a new project for your device and copy the files from this project, or copy them from the package source at C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\SEGGER\SEGGER Embedded Studio\v3\packages\nRF\ (or similar).

We will improve the importer with a future version to do this automatically.

You might have to check your include paths to make sure it points to the nRF SDK which includes the headers like nrf_gpio.h.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.