Bad JTAG communication - Worked perfectly, and just started giving this error

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bad JTAG communication - Worked perfectly, and just started giving this error

Hi all

My setup used to work perfectly, I'm using Rowley Associates' CrossStudio as dev environment, with J-Link into ARM processor.Everything worked fine, nothing changed. Yesterday, I set up everything again, and pressed F5, as always, to start debugging my latest app. Next message:

Bad JTAG communication: Write to IR: Expected 0x1, got 0x0 (TAP command: 15) @Off 0x8BD

I reset, disconnect, reconnect, and try again,and get the following:

Bad JTAG communication: Write to IR: Expected 0x1, got 0x3 (TAP command: 12) @Off 0xA970

Reset again, reconnect again, retry again, and get either 1st or 2nd message. What might be the cause of this? The setup worked perfectly.

CrossStudio Rel 1.5 Build 2
    Segger V4.06b

This is very urgent, so all help and information will be welcome!

Regards,

Johan Erlank
  • Fixed: Bad JTAG communication - Worked perfectly, and just started giving this error

Hi all,

I think I managed to fix the problem. I linked up and saw in the properties window, the speed was set at 2666. I modified the speed down to 1500, and the problem went away.

Regards,

Johan Erlank