[SOLVED] JLink EDU V8 can not recognized on Win10x64

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink EDU V8 can not recognized on Win10x64

Hi,
    I use for years my loveley JLink-EDU V8 without any issues.
    My professional workstation still run with Win7x64 and all works fine.
    My private PC have Windows10x64 newest version and its a problem using JLink: I see any problems in device manager, JLink is present and seems to have any issues. Start JLink.exe: no debugger connected on USB (and screen with TCP/IP connection).
    Tried with pack 5.12 and newest 6.0- same thing.

Please help.

Best regards,
    Seb
    Images
    • JLink-1.png

44.38 kB, 681×631, viewed 964 times
    • JLink-2.png

16.97 kB, 984×525, viewed 868 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by SebastianKulik ().

• Hi Seb,

we are not aware of any issues regarding J-Link V8 and Windows 10x64.
    I just gave it a try and my J-Link EDU V8 works just fine under Win10x64.

Could you please try to verify this issue using another PC running Windows 10?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Other PC with Win10x64

Hi Niklas,

thanks a lot for your quick reaction.
    So, my son have Win10x64 machine with Core2Duo CPU (mine is i5+ASUS mainboard). Result: it works on older system.
    Strange: in device manager I see on older system JLink under "USB Controller", "USB-Devices" is actually not exist on Core2Duo machine.

On my machine all still the same: JLink is in device manager, LED is on, but no connection to JLink.exe

Any idea?

THX a lot!
    Seb
  • Hi Seb,

could please open the Windows Device Manager, change the View to "Devices by connection", open the tree vie until you see the J-Link again, and take a screenshot of it?
    Furthermore, could you please make a screenshot of the tab "Driver" of the properties window included in your last screenshot?

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Niklas,

it seems to be a error of my Win10. Deinstalled this strange driver, installed from folder SEGGER\JLink:V600c\USBDriver- thats it!
    Starting JLink.exe see my familiar screen from JLink-EDU (....educational only...)....;-)
    Puh!

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
    Seb
  • Hi Seb,

good to hear that you are up and running!

Best regards,
    Niklas