Cannot see stack or run count with LIBMODE_D

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Partial Call Stack for Task in EMBOS Plugin

Please see attached screenshots. Why can I not see the entire call stack for my task? I halt then double tap the task in the threads view. Is there a newer version of the plugin? This came with the trial version but it doesn't have a version number.

Thanks.

SES 2.20
    EMBOS Plugin: Undeclared
    Images
    • Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 1.03.58 PM.png

18.99 kB, 315×208, viewed 797 times
    • Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 1.04.35 PM.png

42.51 kB, 364×415, viewed 804 times
  • Cannot see stack or run count with LIBMODE_D

I have SES configured with two private configurations. One sets LIBMODE_D and includes the corresponding library. The other sets LIBMODE_DP and includes that library.

I have all versions of the library included in an SES folder but the common configuration excludes them all. The above enables the correct combination.

With LIBMODE_D I cannot see the run count or stack information but I thought this build had all the debug options turned on? The _DP build works fine.

Also, where is the best place to see the compiler/linker options used during the build?

Thanks,

Kenny
    Images
    • Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 4.04.45 PM.png

21.22 kB, 629×178, viewed 763 times
    • Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 4.07.17 PM.png

85.18 kB, 874×449, viewed 788 times
  • Dear Kenny,

With LIBMODE_D I cannot see the run count or stack information but I thought this build had all the debug options turned on? The _DP build works fine.

I could not reproduce this with our start projects, in which both libmodes work fine. To ask for further details on your setup, however, I will contact you via email in a few minutes.

Found the option to enable build output in a pull-down in the output window. Also under the Tools menu Options... .

Yes, that's correct. Alternatively, for build information on one specific file only, you may also right-click that source file and select "Export build" on the following dialog.

Why can I not see the entire call stack for my task? I halt then double tap the task in the threads view. Is there a newer version of the plugin? This came with the trial version but it doesn't have a version number.

Yes, there is a newer version of the plugin available. The most recent version is always offered for download at segger.com.
    However, the libraries contained with the trial version of embOS-MPU V4.20 for Cortex-M and Embedded Studio had been built without the debug information required to unwind the stack frame. We will include that information in subsequent releases of the software. To evaluate the plugin in the meantime, the current trial release of embOS for Cortex-M and Embedded Studio may be used, for its libraries include the required debug information.

Best regards,
    Martin
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.