[SOLVED] ST-Link reflash to J-Link. VCP is not working properly. BUG ? (stm32F429I-Disco1)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] ST-Link reflash to J-Link. VCP is not working properly. BUG ? (stm32F429I-Disco1)

Hi,

Data sent from STM32F429I-Disco1 to the computer - it works properly...

Data sent from a computer to STM32F429I-Disco1 - is not working properly, is sent only a start bit frame rs232

This is a bug in the firmware J-Link for ST-Link

I use google translator....

Regards Pawel,
  • Hi,

could you please open J-Link Commander (jlink.exe), and post a screenshot of the output here in the forum?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

SEGGER J-Link Commander V5.41i (Compiled Jun 20 2016 17:49:58)
    DLL version V5.41i, compiled Jun 20 2016 17:49:53

Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
    Firmware: J-Link STLink V21 compiled May 4 2016 21:32:32
    Hardware version: V1.00
    S/N: 777698861
    VTref = 3.300V

Type "connect" to establish a target connection, '?' for help
    J-Link>

Data sent from a computer to STM32F429I-Disco1:

only the start bit is.
    Regards Pawel,

The post was edited 2 times, last by sq8mvy ().

• Hi,

we will take look at this later today / monday and update this thread.

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

@tkr: Sorry, we seem to have overlooked this thread.

Could one of you provide us with a reproduction project for one of the boards listed in the Compatible Evaluation Boards list ?
    This would speed up reproducing / fixing the issue.

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi,

Board - STM32F429I-DISC1, 115200, 8n1

os - Linux Mint 17.3

In firmware J-Link TX output is an Open-Drain ? Why not Pull-Up or Push-Pull ?

firmware ST-Link - sent from a computer to STM32F429I-Disco1 only one char "e" - is ok

firmware J-Link - sent from a computer to STM32F429I-Disco1 only one char "e" - not ok

Example firmware for STM32F429-DISC1 (messages appear only in Polish):
    Z002.elf.zip

I use google translator....
    Regards Pawel,

The post was edited 1 time, last by sq8mvy ().

• Hi,

this is an error on the website.
    We only tested the STM32F429I-DISC0 version of the board, but not the STM32F429I-DISC1 version.
    We just ordered a STM32F429I-DISC1 and will investigate this issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi Forum,

the firmware has been updated in order to support the STM32F429I-DISC1 board.
    If the issue still persists when using the STLinkReflash Tool 161221 or newer, please open a new thread.

Best regards,
    Niklas