[Ozone] Incompatibility with SVD files

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Ozone] Incompatibility with SVD files

Hello all,

I started using Ozone with Infineon XMC Family devices (XMC4400).

When I import the device specific SVD file (provided by Infineon), some of the fields are not shown correctly.
    For example the registers that are configured as arrays cannot be visualized and start in the index 1, instead of starting at 0.
    I think that also the command modifyExternal is not correctly identified by the software.

There is any kind of workaround that I can use to overcome these problems?

Best regards
  • Hi,

could you please provide us with the .svd file (e.g. upload it here in the forum), so that we can take a look at it?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

thanks for providing the .svd file.
    Could you please make sure that you are using the most recent version of Ozone, V2.16d ?

Could you give us an example and / or a screenshot of a register that is displayed in the wrong way?

I think that also the command modifyExternal is not correctly identified by the software.

Could you please provide us with a little bit information on this issue?

How do you use this command, what does it do and what are you expecting it to do? Do you have a reproduction project?

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• So one of the examples can be found under VADC->VADC_G0. Here it goes the screenshot:

As you can see, I cannot read these registers.

The modifyExternal command is described here (keil.com/pack/doc/CMSIS/SVD/ht…__xml__registers__gr.html), in the table, field readAction.
    This command does not allow the debugger to read a specific register, because the reading will affect other registers in the microcontroller.
    For example under CCU4->CCU40_CC40, the register C0V should not be read by the debugger, because the register is associated with a read flag that should not be triggered by the debugger.

For reference, you can use DAVE4 for comparison between both debuggers.
    Below is an screenshot from the behavior that I expect.

About the project I can send you one, but this issues should be reproducible using a simple project.
  • Hi,

thanks for sharing this information.
    I forwarded this thread to the Ozone maintainer.

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi,

this issue is fixed in version V2.16e of Ozone:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink#Ozone

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hello,

Thank you very much for the quick version release. All seems to be working now.

On another topic, I'm trying to get the path in which Ozone is installed from the Windows registry, but I think that this information is not available (at least not in the same way comparing to J-Link).
    Do you think that in a next version the install path could be available in the registry?
  • Hi,

thanks for the feedback.
    Do you think that in a next version the install path could be available in the registry?

We will add this to the next version.

Best regards,
    Niklas