[SOLVED] Silabs EFM32PG1 256K part flash programming problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Silabs EFM32PG1 256K part flash programming problem

I'm using a Silabs Pearl Gecko eval board EFM32PG1B200F256GM48 with Debug set to out to use Segger J-Flash lite to program a similar EFM32 part on my embedded board.

J-Flash-Lite can program the unit with a small file, but for some reason J-FLash Lite { & J-Flash } think the EFM32 256K parts are only 132K. Furthermore the tools do not report an error when trying to program a larger file { 185K } into the device.

Any of the J-Flash Lite settings for the Silabs EFM32 parts are all 132K.

If I revert to using the Pearl Gecko Eval card, the Silabs IDE can program the on-board EFM32 with the larger file, but J-Flash Lite cannot.

Any help to quickly resolve using J-Flash Lite to program the embedded 256K part greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  • Hi,

thanks for pointing that out.
    This will be fixed in the next version of the J-Link Software and Documentation Pack (V5.41l)

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

thanks for the feedback and good to hear that it is working for you know.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.