[ANSWERED] Support for ARM Cortex-R5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi,

Yes, Cortex-R5 is supported by J-Link EDU V8.

Best regards
    Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

J-Link EDU does support the Cortex-R5 core and the TI TMS570LC4357 device in particular.
    Just make sure that you have the most recent version of the J-Link Software and Documentation Pack installed.

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• <b> Support for ARM Cortex-R5 </b>

Thank you very much Erik and Niklas.
    I have been using LabVIEW 2010 and Keil uVision4 to write software for an ARM-7 (LPC2378). I intend do the same with the TMS570LC4357.

Is it too complicated to set things up to achieve that?
  • Without knowing your project, it is difficult to provide you with a clear answer. Anyhow, no big changes should be required to set things up.

- Erik

• <b> Support for ARM Cortex-R5 </b>

Thanks Erik!

In fact I do not have the processor yet but I had to be sure if J-Link supports R5 before buying both. Otherwise I should try another ARM series, say R4.

Regards