[SOLVED] What's the difference between J-Link V9 and V10

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] What's the difference between J-Link V9 and V10

Hi Sir,

I heard from Windway that J-Link V10 has released. May I know what's the different between V9 and V10? If I have V9 model, is it necessary to update?
    Thanks a lot.

Ohnail
  • Hi Ohnail,

The most important differences between J-Link V9 and J-Link V10:

J-Link V10 offers High-Speed USB (V9: Full-Speed USB)
    J-Link V9 will be "feature frozen" in the near future, hence it will only receive bug-fix firmware releases and features introduced in the J-Link software which work without updating the firmware.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I've more questions about V10 since I can't find any information from the spec.

1. May I know which models have updated to V10? BASE? PLUS? EDU?
    2. You said V10 offers High-Speed USB, is that means V10 is faster than V9? May I get some data about the speed difference?

Thanks again.

Ohnail
  • Hi Ohnail,

BASE/PLUS have been updated to V10.
    The most recent EDU version is V9.40 .

High-Speed USB: 480 MBit/s
    Full-Speed USB: 12 MBit/s

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.