Gdbserver for linux

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gdbserver for linux

Hello

I'm a thinking about buying the Segger JLink. Is there any way to run gdbserver for JLink on a linux workstation?

I know this question has been answered with "No - working on it" in the past (for example here: J-Link and Linux gdbserver).
    But that was a while ago, any news?

Another thought / feature request: Since you already got network on the JLink, why don't you (Segger) port gdbserver to the J-link so any OS capable of running GDB could connect to it via ethernet.

Best Regards
    Axel
  • Hello Axel,

The J-Link GDB Server Linux Version is still under development.
    It is scheduled to be released this quarter (Q2).

It is also planned to port the GDB Server to J-Link Pro, but there is no exact schedule yet.

Best regards,
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you for the reply.

We run Linux only here at work so I really need gdbserver in order to use the J-Link.
    How will I know when it is released? Is there any mailing list is similar (perhaps an announcement in this thread which I monitor :) ) or will I have to monitor the homepage?

Best Regards
    Axel
  • Hello Axel,

You can subscribe to the J-Link newsletter (segger.com/jlink.html)
    in order to be informed if a new release version of the J-Link software is released.

If a beta version with J-Link GDB Server for linux is released, I will post it in this thread.

Best regards,
    Alex

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• zainka wrote:

SEGGER - Alex wrote:

If a beta version with J-Link GDB Server for linux is released, I will post it in this thread.

Hi

Is this the same as the gdb server : J-Link Beta Software version for Linux
    Or is it only a stand alone tool? I could not understand how this tool should be able to set up a server even though it do detect my jlink and board..
    This is the J-Link commander. I am waiting for a gdb server for linux too. Now we have Q3. Are there any news regarding the linux version of the gdb server?
  • GDB server for linux

Here is another voice that would like a GDB server for linux. Currently using the Windows version in a Virtual Windows session, but this is a clunky solution as all of the development tools are running under linux & eclipse.

Thanks to you at Segger who may be working on a Linux GDB Server. It will be appreciated. We really like your J-Link devices, especially the Pro version. There was a comment sometime back that one day the J-Link Pro might incorporate a GDB server. Is this still in the plan?
  • Hi,

I know this is an old thread but i will point the same subject.

I'm thinking about buying J-Link or J-Link Pro. But my development environment is in Linux Host machine. I want to debug natively in Linux. (neither windows debug server nor a virtual windows host) As I see J-Link GDB Server Linux Version should be released in 2009 Q2. Now we're in 2010 Q1 But i can't find it anywhere! Is it released or not? If not what is your realistic estimation?

Thank you
  • Hi all,

We have just released a new version for Linux in which also a command line version of the GDB Server is available:
    segger.com/download_jlink.html

Best regards
    Alex