[Solved] Name the ISR

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Solved] Name the ISR

Hi,

I am using the NoOS port of the SystemView and I want to monitor some interrupt routines.
    I haven't looked much into the code but I want to name the interrupt routines so that I can differentiate them correctly on the GUI. Right now I see that the are named ISR #22 and ISR #33 which is kind of confusing. Can you tell me how I can name my ISR as SEGGER_SYSVIEW_RecordEnterISR() does not take any arguments. I tried putting SEGGER_SYSVIEW_NameResource(SEGGER_SYSVIEW_EVENT_ID_ISR_ENTER, "GPIOTE_ISR"); but that only shows up in the log and not on the tasks list.
  • Hi,

Interrupts can be named in the System Description String.

Have a look at SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Config_NoOS.c:
    SEGGER_SYSVIEW_SendSysDesc("I#15=SysTick");

To define multiple interrupts, add them in a comma separated list:
    SEGGER_SYSVIEW_SendSysDesc("I#15=SysTick,I#99=ETH");

Regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

Thanks for the positive feedback.
    Great to read you like it.

Regards
    Johannes

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• It would be a very handy enhancement if you were able to name the interrupts in the .txt file as well. With the latest enhancements I've managed to move almost all the strings to the .txt file, saving code size and bandwidth. The only strings left in the instrumentation code are now the IRQ names and you have to decide how often to send them. If SystemView read them from the .txt file, it would always have them available no matter when it started up.
  • In contrast to the API description, interrupt Ids are device specific. #31 isn't the same on nRF51 as on STM32F4.
    Therefore the interrupt description should be provided by the application.

We might add description files for devices in a future version,
    but for now they should be recorded in the system description callback, which is called when SystemViewer connects.

Regards
    Johannes