J-link and ARM1136 - speed too slow

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-link and ARM1136 - speed too slow

Hello. I am using J-LINK and ASIC based on ARM1136 core.And I have some trouble, when I try to load binary fileinto the SDRAM memory. File loaded, but speed too slow (below 2Kb/s)I try to use various jtag speed but it doesn't help.Now Jtag speed (TCK) is 12MHz, but download speed is 2Kb/sIf I use ASIC with WIGGLER jtag - it works fine (speed over 53Kb/s),but I need to use J-LINK jtag with this ASIC.How can I increase downlod speed (now TCK is 12Mhz)?
  • Hello John,

the problem is that for most J-Links there is no logic for ARM11 in the firmware which makes especially memory read & write accesses slow.
    This is why the download speed into RAM is about 2 kb/s.

For J-Link hardware version 8 and J-Link Pro we have implemented the logic for memory read & write in the J-Link firmware which increased the download speed to 20 kb/s.

Best regards,
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.