[SOLVED] RTT Viewer: Input and output in wrong order when upgrading RTT Viewer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] RTT Viewer: Input and output in wrong order when upgrading RTT Viewer

Hi,

I have updated the RTT source on my target system and on my development host system from V4.98e to V5.41b. On the target I have implemented a CLI, and I am sending command lines to it (Input->Sending->Send on enter, Input->Endo fline...->Unix format (LF) .) The update has introduced an error in the printout. An example session before was (I sending the "debug on" command):

Source Code

1. 0>
    2. < debug on
    3. 0> Debug started

After the upgrade, the code session looks like:

Source Code

1. 0>
    2. 0> Debug started < debug on
    3. <

I.e, the command is printed after the output of that command. It looks like the RTT Viever 1) sends the command to the target, 2) prints the result from the target, and then 3) prints the command. To me it looks like a timeing problem in the RTT Viewer.

regards,
    Elm
  • Hi Elm,

thanks for your feedback.
    We will fix the bug in our next release.

Best regards,
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Elm,

here is a preview beta version with the bugfix for you.

Best regards,
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.