[ABANDONED] JLink script question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] JLink script question

Hi,

From the ResetTarget handler in a JLink script, is it possible to call the standard DLL ResetTarget function and then add custom actions i.e. extend the default DLL ResetTarget behaviour rather than replacing it completely ?

For example:

void ResetTarget(void) {
    <call DLL based ResetTarget>
    <custom actions>
    }

There's no mention of this in the documentation so I'm wondering if there's any other way of accomplishing this.

Thanks
    Dave

The post was edited 1 time, last by daveb1 ().

• Hi Dave,

this is indeed not possible with the current implementation.
    Could you please describe what and why you want to do this?
    Our current point of view is:
    • If our e.g. reset function could be better we would like to know about that so that we can improve our software for any customer
    • The J-Link script file is meant for customers that need to rewrite a complete function in order to work with custom hardware.
    • Usually customers that wanted to extend our functions planned to do sth. that could (and should) be done somewhere else.
    However, if you can show me a "legit" use of this, I would be glad to bring it up on our next team meeting!
    Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.