[ABANDONED] No Cortex-M SW Device Found

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] No Cortex-M SW Device Found

Hello,

I am trying to load code onto a STM32F401RBT6 using KEIL µVision V5.18a with a J-Link EDU, and am getting the J-link - Cortex-M error: "No Cortex-M SW Device Found."

The green light on the J-Link is lit. When I go to the project options, it says that the device is an STM32F401RBTx (there is no option for STM32F401RBT6). I'm wondering if this is the issue?

I have attached a screenshot of the device and debug options.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Images
    • debug2.PNG

161.03 kB, 938×695, viewed 1,143 times
    • debug3.PNG

105.29 kB, 941×691, viewed 933 times
  • Hi,

could you give J-Link Commander a try?
    J-Link commander is part of the J-Link software package, which is available free of charge here .

• Start J-Link Commander (jlink.exe)
    • Type "connect" in order to start a debug session
    • Type in the target device name if asked (Or type "?" for a target selection Dialog)
    • Choose the correct target interface (JTAG/SWD/etc..)
    • Use a valid speed (Default: 4000kHz, try 100-500 if default does not work)
    • [JTAG only]]JTAG conf can be default(most of the times)
    • You should now be successfully connected.
    If anything fails, could you post a screenshot of the complete session?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas,

I tried using J-Link Commander at both the default 4000 kHz and at 300 kHz, and neither worked.

I have attached a screenshot of the session.

Thanks for your help!

Cara
    Images
    • jlink_no_connect.PNG

65.69 kB, 869×1,182, viewed 636 times
  • Hi Cara,

VTref = 1,032 V seems very low. Could you check the power supply of the target device?
    How is the target powered?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.