[ABANDONED] J-Link with Altera Cyclone V SoC

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Link with Altera Cyclone V SoC

Hi,

I have been developing with the Altera USB Blaster, but would like to switch to J-link for its increased feature set. I'm having an issue with basic loading and executing of code from jlink command line (I am running on CentOS).

My board automatically boots from SD card into uboot, and then I halt it prior to loading my application. I then connect using JLinkExe, and use 'loadfile' to load an srec of my image into memory. I then 'setpc' to the starting point for my code and then 'go', but I get an unaligned memory access.

I know that my image is good as I have been using it for months. Uboot is able to load that same binary to the same address and execute it just fine. What is also weird is that if I use 'step' instead of 'go', the PC only increments by 2 bytes each time instead of 4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
  • Hi,

could you provide me the S/N of your J-Link via PN?
    What happen if you load the Code via UBoot (no via J-Link Commander) and connect with a J-Link afterwards?
    Does stepping work? can you read memory using the mem32 command?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.