[ANSWERED] JLink support for broadcom bcm3349?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ANSWERED] JLink support for broadcom bcm3349?

Hi fellow members and experts,

Does anyone know if there is support for the Broadcom bcm3349 mcu? I'm using the JLink EDU version of the hardware. I can't seem to make a successful jtag connection to the intended target. Please advise.

Thanks,
    tlu
  • Ok, I thought it was my J-Link but I tried to do the same with my colleague's J-Link PRO dongle and I still was not successful with making the connection. I'm relatively new to using the Segger J-Link Commander interface and maybe I'm missing something. Is there a simple trick to initiate the BCM33xx targets? I do have an STM32F4 Discovery board which I heard Segger now provides the J-Link compatible firmware but I rather not go that route as Segger hardwares are the golden standard when it comes to JTAG. Please advise.

The post was edited 1 time, last by tlu ().

• Hi,

currently, no BCM target is supported (segger.com/jlink_supported_devices.html).
    I will check with my colleagues , but afaik support for MIPS core is not planned for the (near) future.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas,

Thanks for the provided information. I did noticed that mips32 core were not part of the supported devices. Is there a particular reason why the mips core isn't support with Segger's J-Link dongle just out of curiosity?

Thanks,
    Tim
  • Hi Tim,

supporting a new core is a huge chunk of work and also needs to be maintained.
    Unfortunately, we receive way to less request regarding MIPS cores in order to justify the amount of work necessary in order to support a new core.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.