FreeRTOS 9.0RC2 Support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi,

Yes, porting to the new FreeRTOS is planned.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • if you just look at the diffs in the patches for FreeRTOS V8 it's about 2 hours work to port them over to version 9. The kernel of the code is incredibly similar, there's been a little refactoring which removes a few of the places you need to add calls and the FreeRTOS piece of it stays basically the same (unless you care about instrumenting the few new calls which I didn't).

So while you're waiting, you can throw this together yourself quite easily.
  • FreeRTOS 9.0.0 Support

I tried to apply the patch for FreeRTOS line per line (manually) but still can not get profiling data.

Now the SystemView Host can connect to the target and also successfully read system info (App name, RTOS version, etc). However there is always just about 100 Bytes uploaded containing only this system information.
    I guess I did not apply the patch correctly since there is no data recorded about Task switches etc.

Is there someone who got SystemView running on FreeRTOS 9.0.0 yet?

Thank you,
    Damian
  • RE: FreeRTOS 9.0.0 Support

dweber wrote:

Is there someone who got SystemView running on FreeRTOS 9.0.0 yet?

Yes - see my post above yours, I did it the day FreeRTOS 9.0.0 came out and it was not that hard. So go back to the V8 diffs and look at them again and have another go.