[SOLVED] J-Trace Pro for Cortex-M, Keil MDK and ETM Tracing problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Trace Pro for Cortex-M, Keil MDK and ETM Tracing problems

Hi,

I have got my brand new J-Trace Pro for Cortex-M Adapter an know i trying to use the ETM Trace facility with Keil MDK 4.74/5.18a.
    I could do the tracing with my older J-Trace for Cortex-M Adapter, but only with an CPU-Clock of 60 MHz and i hoped that the new Adapter gives me more speed.
    And now, i get no more tracing data.
    My Configuration:
    - Keil MDK 4.74 and 5.18
    - J-Trace PRO for Cortex-M via TCP/IP, static IP-Adress, dedicated Network Adapter, Software Version 5.12b
    - STM32F429II at 168 MHz with 4-Bit sync. Trace, also tested with a core clock of 60MHz
    The signals on the Debug Adapter are loocking good.

What i get
    - i see some tracing informations inside of the Trace Data window
    - i could get no coverage/performance informations
    - i get different Errors, up to "cannot communication with the Cotex-M Device", Cannot Stop Cortex-M, Cannot Read Trace data, ...
    - The Status Line of the IDE says "Trace: No synchronisation"

Back to the older Debug Adapter, everything works, but only with 60MHz Core clock.

What can i do know?

Thank you
    Martin
  • Hi Martin,

can you write an E-Mail to segger.com/support/technical-support/ regarding this problem, in order to make sure that you will get help as fast as possible?
    This forum is mainly for customers who are out of the E-mail support time (Or never had one, like J-Link EDU / J-Link lite users).

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I have a similar issue, after trying for hours the j-trace pro only got trace info once, older j-trace works every time. Exact same setup, just unplugged usb/debug cable and plugged the other in.

My support email (sent 10 days ago) just got a response that they would look into it next week.

Normally I get very quick (same day) responses, I think they are suffering from some stress beyond just the new product introduction.
  • SEGGER - Niklas wrote:

Hi Martin,can you write an E-Mail to segger.com/support/technical-support/ regarding this problem, in order to make sure that you will get help as fast as possible?This forum is mainly for customers who are out of the E-mail support time (Or never had one, like J-Link EDU / J-Link lite users).Best regards,Niklas

sorry for the OT but...why do you think so? this forum is of great use of everyone using your tools. it eases the run on your support channels to remain them free for important issues.

please consider to publish your software you give away free of charge in some public repo. colaborating with the community that way would be really great!
  • Hi,

it eases the run on your support channels to remain them free for important issues.

Exactly. He has a "serious" issue with a newly purchased product, so i wanted him to get support asap.

I admit that my statement is open for misinterpretation like i do not want him to be here or sth.
    If anything, we would like the active userbase of this forum to grow so that Users can help each other and we get more & better feedback regarding our products.

please consider to publish your software you give away free of charge in some public repo. colaborating with the community that way would be really great!

We may get there sometime. Currently this is not possible, as we do not want to make our SDK available to the public (and consequently, to competitors).

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

what about the target sources for SystemViewer?

What's the question here?
    What are you asking for here?
    Sorry but this question is anything but clear....

As you can see on our website, the target sources for SystemView can be downloaded from our website:
    segger.com/downloads/free_tools#SystemView

- Alex

• SEGGER - Alex wrote:

Hi,

what about the target sources for SystemViewer?

What's the question here?
    What are you asking for here?
    Sorry but this question is anything but clear....

As you can see on our website, the target sources for SystemView can be downloaded from our website:
    segger.com/downloads/free_tools#SystemView

- Alex
    this was an addition to the discussion about collaborating with the community through putting source code in a puplic reposiotry.
    as I have to admit, that I did not want to ask for some secret stuff, but for code which is currently available as zip files. one example for this: the code running on the target for SytemViwer.

hope you can follow my thinking now.

br