[SOLVED] jlink and Windows 10

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi Michael,

we are not aware of any issues regarding J-Link + Windows 10.
    Could you provide us with a more detailed description of what issues your are facing?
    Which J-Link model do you use?
    Which version of the J-Link software & documentation pack are you using?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas,

I am using j-link Base, version 9.3. The version of the software is V5.10p.
    I am able to connect to the device and make simple command line types of queries.

The specific issue I am getting is that upon firing up the Download for the .hex file onto the hardware target the IDE hangs.
    The dialog box displays 2 progress bars (1 for Starting debugging session: Flashing and the other for Programming flash memory)
    The light on the j-link is continually blinking. The progress bars are not advancing.

In the debug window it says that the Initial reset was performed and it downloaded 736 bytes.
    Loaded debugee
    Target reset

At that point it stops.

Windows 7 (the previous platform) made completed the download of the .hex file to the device. There's no mention of that file anywhere.
    I'm using the IAR (version 7.40)

Michael

I've attached a screendump at the point where the hang occurs.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mjnorth ().

• The internal tools to the compiler don't seem to be doing their job.

I started testing what the jlink tool could do to load a file and got this result:

J-Link>loadfile \Users\north\Desktop\SOES-Product-Hardware-SCM-Full_Package-20140613\iar\24CT_v2\Project\24ct_v2\EWARM\STM32100B-EVAL\Exe\24ct_v2.hex
    Downloading file [\Users\north\Desktop\SOES-Product-Hardware-SCM-Full_Package-20140613\iar\24CT_v2\Project\24ct_v2\EWARM\STM32100B-EVAL\Exe\24ct_v2.hex]...
    J-Link: Flash download: Restarting flash programming due to program error (possibly skipped erasure of half-way erased sector).
    J-Link: Flash download: Skip optimizations disabled for second try.
    Error while programming flash: Programming failed.
    J-Link>

That doesn't look good. Seems to have wiped out the previous program, and gotten an error, too.

Michael
  • Hi,

first of all, can you give the J-Link Flash loader a try?(Described here) It seems that you are using IARs flash loader.
    Regarding J-Link Commander: Could you try to give the following commandos:

Source Code

1. r
    2. erase
    3. r
    4. loadfile \Users\north\Desktop\SOES-Product-Hardware-SCM-Full_Package-20140613\iar\24CT_v2\Project\24ct_v2\EWARM\STM32100B-EVAL\Exe\24ct_v2.hex

and post a screenshot of the full session here?

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

sorry for the delay in response.
    I just gave it a try an a STM32F100VB and erasing/downloading works perfectly fine for me.
    Do you have any idea what could be different in the setup?
    What exact device are you using?
    Could you provide us with a reproduction project / binary?

Best regards,
    Niklas