Get often the Error: "Failed to start recording. RTT Control Block not found."

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Get often the Error: "Failed to start recording. RTT Control Block not found."

Hi,

i've initially implemented the SystemView 2.32a tool into a DS-5 project.
    I'm running FreeRTOS 8.2.3 on a LPC4350 M4 microcontroller while debugging with GDB Server 4.98a and J-Link Ultra+.

I'm using the default settings for SystemView and no FreeRTOS patch.
    Only calling SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf(); in main() and the #include "SEGGER_SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.h" statement at the end of FreeRTOSConfig.h.

On starting the SystemView recorder with Target Device LPC4350_M4, JTAG interface and manually RTT Control Block Address it will fail at least 8 out of 10 times with the error: "Failed to start recording. RTT Control Block not found."

Can anyone make suggestions whats going wrong there?

Thanks and best regards
  • Hi,

Could you update your J-Link Software to the latest version (V5.10u)?
    Are you using SystemViewer, while GDB Server is running?
    If your application is able to run stand-alone, can you try SystemViewer without GDB Server?

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Johannes,

thank you for the quick reply.

Updating to the newest J-Link Software isn't possible for me because of the problem mentioned here.
    Maybe you can also give an suggestion how to get the newest version running.

As a first step - using SystemView without GDB Server is working for me. After stopping GDB Server the start of SystemView works fine.

Thank you!
    Best regards