[SOLVED] Jlink - hot plug - attach or unattach to target - correct method

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Jlink - hot plug - attach or unattach to target - correct method

Gday all

I have an NXP lpc1768 running on a custom board with a 10 pin cortex jtag connector.

I have Jlinkgdbserver running and whenever I connect or remove the jtag connector either jlinkexe or jlinkgdbserver lose connection to the target.

How can I have this connection maintained? Sometimes the fix results in me having to unplug the usb port on the jlink to reset the jlink. Sometimes I will get the error message in the gdb server.

Error: Emulator out of memory

When I unplug the jtag connector for the target.

I understood that it was possible to attach/deattach to a running target but my experience tells me that it won't work.

Cheers!
    Paul
  • Hi Paul,

if you want to maintain your connection to the target, simply do not disconnect it.

If you really need to physically reconnect the device, you can stop the GDB Server/Commander before disconnecting it and restart it when you have reconnected it.
    Resetting the J-Link should not be needed, if you do it that way.

Best regards,

Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.