Thread Awareness in Segger Debugger

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thread Awareness in Segger Debugger

Hi,

I'm posting this here because there is no dedicated section for Segger Debugger. Which brings me to the question: is this project abandoned?
    I was trying to get the thread awareness working in the Segger Debugger. But it does not work as expected.
    The software running on the target is a FreeRTOS + lwip. The System is up and running. I can ping it.

If I try to get a stack trace from a task which is currently not running, the back trace is scrambled. see the attached picture.

why is this? How can I debug this behavior?
    Images
    • j_linkdebugger_stack_trace.png

549.36 kB, 1,856×1,057, viewed 867 times
  • Hi,

I'm posting this here because there is no dedicated section for Segger Debugger. Which brings me to the question: is this project abandoned?

There were 10 new/patched releases in 2016 of J-Link Debugger already. It is one of our most active projects. The appropriate section would be the J-Link / J-Flash one.

I will pass your question to my colleague Johannes, as he is the person in charge regarding J-Link Debugger.
    Please keep in mind that you can also get in touch directly with the engineers via segger.com/support/technical-support/. This forum is primarily intended for owners of SEGGER products that are not eligible for mail support. (J-Link Lite, J-Link OB, etc...)

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

Could you make sure you are using the latest version of J-Link Debugger?

I gave it a quick test and the back trace shows where the task is currently blocked.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.