Thread Awareness for FreeRTOS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thread Awareness for FreeRTOS

Hi,

could you please provide an implementation example for the Thread Awareness for FreeRTOS?
    I don't feel like I have enough understanding of the JS backend to write it myself.

Consider this would be done. Could a access the stack back trace of every thread ?

Regards
  • Hi,

Please find the script for Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4F attached (rename to*.js).

The scripts require FreeRTOS to be compiled such
    that the referenced symbols do not have static qualifier (so the
    debugger can access them).
    So if the script does not work, have a look at it and make sure the symbols can be accessed.

Yes, the call stack can be accessed when double-clicking on a task.

Regards
    Johannes
    Files
    • threads_CM3.txt

(2.46 kB, downloaded 822 times, last: )
    • threads_CM4F.txt

(2.64 kB, downloaded 974 times, last: )
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Can anybody provide a step-by-step instruction how to use these scripts withSegger Jlink gdbserver. I am a Segger beginner but have some experience with OpenOCD and Blackmagic debug probe.

Are there more scripts for other RTOSes?
    Any repository for those scripts?
    Does such a script already exist for NutOS (ethernut.de/)?

Thanks
  • Embedded Studio is independent from GDB Server and uses its own scripts for OS awareness.
    There will be OS awareness in J-Link GDB Server in the future, too.
    Currently you could use OpenOCD with J-Link.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.