Instalation on Olimex LPC-2478

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Instalation on Olimex LPC-2478

Hi I'm trying to install the embOS for the Olimex LPC-2478. I'm and Electrical Engineering student and I am using the board for my senior design. I need to be able to get a gui on the lcd screen and came across this embOS. I downloaded the package but could not find anywhere in the read me or pdf files about instalation on the physical device. I got the demo working through Visual Basic but need the OS (or another gui if you know one) for the physical board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
  • Hello,

which eval board do you use? Which workbench do you use?

Normally you would use a emulator like J-Link to download the software in the eval board.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • It is the Olimex LPC-2478 eval board. I am not using a workbench as of yet, and not sure if I will be able to get fundings to purchase one (I've already used a lot of my funds on the board itself) I have manage to install uclinux on the device and able to install programs on that via terminal, so would think that there would be a simular way to do so with this embOS.
  • Hello,

you can use a free version of IAR Embedded Workbench to have no additional costs iar.com.
    We have a special offer for students, J-Link ARM for non commercial use for 98 EUR.
    segger.com/jlink_arm_ncu.html

You can also use embOS ARM GNU, the Yagarto Tools are free of cost yagarto.de/.
    Unfortunately we have no LPC-2478 BSP in embOS ARM GNU, but it should be no big deal to take it from embOS ARM IAR.

Regards,
    Til

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• There is no real installation, you cannot compare a embedded operationg system like embOS with Windows or Linux. In most embedded systems you do not work with a extra data storage like hard disk drive but the software will be flashed into the cpu internal flash.
    With a RTOS like embOS the application will be linked together with the operating system into one single file, which will be loaded into the flash.