Sending UBL and Uboot files to DM355 - Nand Flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sending UBL and Uboot files to DM355 - Nand Flash

Hi,

I have a JLink Version 7.0, and I need to download the UBL and U-boot *.bin files to the NAND Flash on a TI DM355 EVM board. The JTAG is connected to the DM355 chip which essentially is a ARM9 microcontroller. Running J-Link Commnader shows that the connection detects the ARM9 microcontroller. How do I go about loading the ubl and uboot to the NAND Flash. The NAND Flash is a Micron chip (MT29F16G08FAA).

Appreicate a response. Thanks in advance.
  • Hello npatel,

currently the J-Link software does not support NAND flashes.
    There are two possible solutions for the problem:

1. Writing a flash programming application on your own, using the J-Link ARM SDK.

2. Buying a dedicated flash programming utility from Segger.

The J-Link software and documentation package comes with deticated
    flash programming utilities (DFPUs, segger.com/jlink_arm_software_flash_util.html)
    which allow the user to download a .bin file into the flash memory of the target hardware.
    These DFPUs are created for popular eval boards.
    Note: The free DFPUs which come with the J-Link software are allowed
    to be used for development purposes only.

Currently there is not such a tool for the target hardware you use, but there is also the option to order a tool, from Segger.
    If you order a tool, you will also get the source code of the tool and you are also allowed to use this tool for production purposes.
    Costs for such a tool: 2980.00 EUR
    To get more information about the DFPUs, please get in touch with sales@segger.com

Best regards,

Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.