BSDL Import or Save Custom Device IR Length

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BSDL Import or Save Custom Device IR Length

Hi,

I wish I had new feature for the next release of J-Flash.

Because, I use several JTAG devices with several different chain order.

If I save [Project] as .jflash, I can recover chain configuration with proper device name and IR Length.
    However, if I try to connect another chain, I have to assign each UNKNOWN devices's IR length everytime.

Why don't you save IDCODE/IRLength pair into some Global Configuration file, not only Project Configuration file,
    so J-Flash can automatically recognize IDCODE/IRLength based on user input? :thumbsup:

As you know, without this feature, I can't use AutoDetect on every new projects. ;(

Please, check this out. ^^

Thank you in advance.
  • Hello CJ Lee,

thanks for the suggestion.

We will consider this.

Best regards,
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I just purchased Flasher ARM. (It is on its way.)

However, due to this issue, I have a problem with Stand-Alone Mode.

I have 4 chains in one product, 1 of Master and others for Slave chains.
    Only Master chain includes XILINX PROM which make the chain different from other slave chain.

Because, FlasherARM can't detect other than ARM, I can't use FlashARM on Master AND Slave mode with Stand-alone mode.

I hope I can add IDCODE/IRLength pair into FlasherARM for AutoDetect to be compatible between my Master and Slave mode.

Without this I have to buy extra Flasher and have to carry both of'em always,
    (One for Master, the other for Slaves)

Ooops... my boss will kill me... ;(

Am I correct on this?
    Actually, it is more like [Only Single Project File is supported for Stand-Alone Mode].

Let me handle, IDCODE/IRLength inside Flasher for AutoDetect,
    or, let me have two Project files inside Flasher(in this case I would need extra PROGRAM button, though)
    or, you can have several project files inside Flasher, and you can detect proper project files automatically among given by user.
    How does it sound?
  • Hello CJ Lee,

sorry for the short delay.

It is not planned to implement a auto-scan-chain-detection functionality for Flasher ARM stand-alone mode.
    Usually you will only have 3-5 different configurations which need to be programmed, so a complete
    auto-scan-chain-detection functionality should not be necessary.

It is planned to be able to load multiple configurations into Flasher ARM (config file + data file) and
    select via terminal command which one has to be loaded and programmed. So it would be possible to set up Flasher ARM for different
    configurations once and selecting a different configuration if necessary, without connecting Flasher ARM to a PC again in order to download a new config.

This feature will be implemented this quarter.

In your case this means you have to download two configurations to Flasher ARM (one for the Master SC and one for the slave) once.
    From now on you only have to choose the right one via terminal command and start the programming procedure.

Best regards

Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.