[SOLVED] J-link will not run on my win 10 but does on win 7.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-link will not run on my win 10 but does on win 7.

I need a little help to resolve a compatibility issue. Using the same target and the same j-link on the same version of KDS, the j-link will start and load the target on the windows 7 machine but will not on the windows 10 machine. I've tried changing link speed; updated about everything I can think of on both the KDS and Segger side with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • Hi,

could you provide us with two J-Link Logfiles (one of a Win7, one of a Win10 session)?
    Log output can be enabled like as follows:
    • Open a connection to J-Link, e.g start J-Link Commander
    • In J-Link Control Panel: (Click the J-Link symbol located in the notification / tray area in order to open J-Link Control panel)
    • Open the tab "Settings"
    • Next to the field "Log file" check "Override" and click "..." in order to choose a log file path.

This is also described in UM8001 Chapter 5 "Working with J-Link and J-Trace", Section 5.7 "J-Link control panel" .

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • J-link will not run on my win 10 but does on win 7.

This the error I get on the launch splash on win10 is:

Error in services launch sequence
    Launching command [C:/Program Files (x86)/SEGGER/JLink_V510f/JLinkGDBServerCL -if swd -device MK22FN512xxx12 -endian little -speed 1000 -port 2331 -swoport 2332 -telnetport 2333 -vd -ir -localhostonly 1 -singlerun -strict -timeout 0 -nogui] failed.
    Launching command [C:/Program Files (x86)/SEGGER/JLink_V510f/JLinkGDBServerCL -if swd -device MK22FN512xxx12 -endian little -speed 1000 -port 2331 -swoport 2332 -telnetport 2333 -vd -ir -localhostonly 1 -singlerun -strict -timeout 0 -nogui] failed.
    Cannot run program "C:/Program Files (x86)/SEGGER/JLink_V510f/JLinkGDBServerCL": Launching failed
    Files
    • win10final.txt

(103 Byte, downloaded 474 times, last: )
    • win7final.txt

(87.51 kB, downloaded 480 times, last: )
  • Hi,

the first problem seems to be that 5.10f is not installed on your Windows 10 Machine.
    Logfile:
    SEGGER J-Link V5.10n Log File

Error:
    C:/Program Files (x86)/SEGGER/JLink_V510f/JLinkGDBServerCL -if swd -device MK22FN512xxx12 -endian little -speed 1000 -port 2331 -swoport 2332 -telnetport 2333 -vd -ir -localhostonly 1 -singlerun -strict -timeout 0 -nogui] failed.

You either need to install V5.10f on your Windows 10 machine or change the project so it uses 5.10n, which seems to be installed on the Windows 10 machine.

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

Good to hear it is working four you now.
    This thread will be marked [SOLVED] .

Best regards,
    Niklas