LCD with 1024x600 with clock frequency from data sheet 40.8 to 71 MHz. But it gives flickering in while updating screen.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LCD with 1024x600 with clock frequency from data sheet 40.8 to 71 MHz. But it gives flickering in while updating screen.

Hello

I am using touchscreen LCD 1024x600 with the clock Frequency rang of 40.8 to 67.2 MHz.
    But when i used it with 50 MHz as 51.2 MHz typical value from datasheet of LCD.
    It gives the flickering while touch or any change happen on screen.

While tried to remove this flickering problem. i reduced the clock frequency bellow the minimum (40.8) frequency range 38.5 MHz. Over here the flickering problem is solved and display is appears decent.

Now my concern is i am using the LCD operating clock frequency which is lesser then the minimum frequency said by datasheet, can this make any problem in on LCD's performance or can it make any harm to LCD ?

Any frequency greater then the 38.5 MHz gives the flickering problem on screen. and every frequency bellow 38.5 MHz give desirable display with increasing response delay as frequency is decreasing.
  • Hi,

please note that this is a hardware related problem without any impact to emWin. Based on our experience using a refresh rate different to the recommended refresh rate does not harm the LCD. If nothing flickers and all works as expected 38.5 MHz should be ok.

Regards, Jörg
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.