[SOLVED] Whether OpenSDA V2.1 JLINK firmware is supporting the window10 PC OS?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Whether OpenSDA V2.1 JLINK firmware is supporting the window10 PC OS?

Hi Support,

From this link in your web:
    segger.com/opensda.html
    We know that, the Segger is supporting the Opensda v2.1 JLINK firmware, but one of our customers find when they use it on their window10 PC system, it can't work on the NXP kinetis Freedom platform, and I can't find the OS supporting information on your web, just see it supporting the windows system.
    Could you help me to check it,whether this firmware is supporting the window10 system?

Any reply will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Jingjing
  • Hi Jingjing,

I just gave it a try and our OpenSDA v2.1 firmware works fine for me under Windows 10.
    Could you start J-Link Commander (jlink.exe) and post the output here?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas,

Thank you very much for your quick response.
    Could you tell me which platform your are testing?
    My customer is using the NXP FRDM-KL82 board, when he drag the JLINK OPENSDA v2.1 to the bootloader, after power up and connect to the win10 system, the JLINK is not working.
    Now I will tell my customer to follow this post, and give you his information and test result directly!

Best Regards,
    Jingjing
  • Hi Jingjing,

I used a FRDM-K81F board for testing.
    I drag & dropped the J-Link firmware into the bootloader, and, after a powercyle, J-Link Commander could connect to the J-Link.
    Your customer may also take a look if anything shows up in the Windows device manager after connecting the board.

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello, I am the customer Jingjing was referring to.
    Note: I have already installed all the JLink software specified here - segger.com/jlink-software.html

My latest process:

1. Connected my FRDM-KL82Z’s SDA port to my Win10 machine while Holding the reset button
    2. Bootloader drive appears
    3. I drag and drop the file JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1_2015-10-13.bin into the Bootloader drive
    4. Immediately after the file transfers, the bootloader drive disappears and board’s LED blinks rapidly, which indicates the copy failed.
    5. Then I power cycle the device, but the device manager does not show a single JLink device. In fact, after power cycling, the device manager doesn't even refresh
    6. I ran JLink.exe as requested, but it prompts me with a dialog box that says no emulator is connected via USB and asks if I want to use TCP/IP. After selecting NO the command line prompt just says it failed to connect to JLink over USB.
  • Hi,

thanks for joining the conversation.
    As I said, I tested it (On Win7 and Win10) and it worked fine for me.
    Could you test it on a different machine using a different USB-cabel to sort out USB cabel / controller issues?

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi Cody,

according to the manual, KL82Z is not an OpenSDA v2.1, but an OpenSDA v2 device.
    Could your give the OpenSDA V2 firmware a try?

Best regards,
    Niklas

• @Cody Lundie

Niklas is correct, FRDM-KL82 is the opensdav2.0, not the opensda v2.1, please try to use openada v2.0 firmware in the win10 or the win7 again.
    Besides, you also can try another board, not only just one FRDM-KL82 board.
    Any question, please contact with me or follow this post.

@ Niklas,
    Thank you for your notification and quick support :) !

Best regards,
    Jingjing
  • Thank you so much for your help. It works great now. However, could you please tell the where in the documentation you found that information? I scoured all the documentation provided on the NXP website and I could only find mention of K82F boards, which uses v2.1. The only reference that explicitly stated the KL82Z was NXP's "Getting Started" video that also stated to use v2.1. Thanks again for you time on this trivial solution.
  • Hi Cody,

good to hear that it is working now. :)

Best regards,
    Niklas