[SOLVED] J-Scope: using of arrays does not work

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Scope: using of arrays does not work

Hello,

on trying to scope fields of arrays, I'm getting wrong results. On adding such fields/symbols to be scoped, the addresses of the fileds and the types are "parsed" correctly, but the scoped data is crap. I allso checked the values, adresses ad types on debugging in the IDE and there the values are correct. I set them once to a constant value. See all at screenshots in attached image.

One other fact is, that it is not possible to deal with the members of a array of structures. One can just see the members of the first field in the array. This is also shown in the top left screenshot in the image. But also the scoping of those members is not absolutly reliable and i often observe troubles using the scoped members of a structure in an array.

Thanks for help in advance,
    Christian
  • Hello Christian,

this bug is already fixed in V5.10c, available for download here.

Best regards,
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you for the fast response.

Unfortunately I could not proof the mentioned bugfix, see the following image with a tiny test

So, the constant values set in the array and array of structures can be observed in debugger mode but not in J-Scope. And it's still not possible to add symbols of members of the structs in the array with field index different to 0.

Bye,
    Christian
  • Hello Christian,

you're right, this fix did not get it in V5.10c.

We're about to release V5.10d today which at least should be able to show the first element of the array correctly.

We will improve the support for complex data structures in the next major release.

Best regards,
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Arne,

I just retested J-Scope V5.10d with my tiny test mentioned in this thread:

It looks like arrays of simple data types can be handled correctly and the first array element of a array of structs can also be handled correct.

Thank you!

Looking forward to the nex release,
    bye,
    Christian