[Solved] resolve symbol names for queues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Solved] resolve symbol names for queues

Hi,

could you ad a display for the name of the queue to which is currently send?

is it possible to take care of the "configQUEUE_REGESTRY_SIZE" ?
    Images
    • 2016_02_03_16_25_51_CentOS_6x_64Bit_VMware_Workstation.png

16.18 kB, 1,346×89, viewed 820 times
  • Hi,

You can set the name to be displayed from within the application via SEGGER_SYSVIEW_NameResource() in the SendSystemDescription callback.

C Source Code

1. SEGGER_SYSVIEW_NameResource((U32)&IP_OS_RSema, "IP Lock");

You can do this dynamically in the callback with the queue registry.

Regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Johannes,
    I'm facing the same Issue. As you suggested above I have tried to declare the queue names in the SendSystemDescription callback, the queue names and IDs appears at the top of the log, but when a queue event occurs the queue name still not appears (while the ID is the same as in the top of the log).
    What could be wrong?
  • Hi,

Could you update the SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.txt in \Description\ of your SystemView installation with the attached one?
    I changed the parameters of the queue functions to display a name instead of the address.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Files

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Frederic,

Thanks for the feedback.
    Has also been updated in the latest beta and will be in the next release.

Regards
    Johannes

• I tried the same with no success. However, I could not follow all the advises. So what I did is the following:

In SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Config_FreeRTOS.c I add one line for a semaphore that I want to get displayed by its name instead of the address in the upper log window (that has in the headline 'Events' for the first column).

/*********************************************************************
    * _cbSendSystemDesc()
    * Function description
    * Sends SystemView description strings.
    */
    static void _cbSendSystemDesc(void) {
    SEGGER_SYSVIEW_SendSysDesc("N="SYSVIEW_APP_NAME",D="SYSVIEW_DEVICE_NAME",O=FreeRTOS");
    SEGGER_SYSVIEW_SendSysDesc("I#15=SysTick");
    SEGGER_SYSVIEW_NameResource((U32)&main_trans_semphr, "mem_trans");
    }

So I just added the line: SEGGER_SYSVIEW_NameResource((U32)&main_trans_semphr, "mem_trans");
    Is this the right place to insert the statement ? So far it does not work.

I use the latest version of SystemView, FreeRTOS 8.2.3. on a Atmel E70 board.

Best Regards
    Markus
  • Hi,

Yes, _cbSendSystemDesc is the right place to insert SEGGER_SYSVIEW_NameResource().

Which version of SystemView do you use?
    Which function event does not show the semaphore name?

Best regards
    Johannes