GUI_JPEG_Draw() in routine of the WM_CreateWindow or WM_CreateWindowAsChild not returning 1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GUI_JPEG_Draw() in routine of the WM_CreateWindow or WM_CreateWindowAsChild not returning 1

I have a large image to print on LCD ( 1024x600 ).
    I am using FreeRTOS for multitasking, when i use GUI_JPEG_Draw() api to print image without any window or frame it is working well, but when i want to use it as a routine of any window or child window, it is failing.

What would be problem behind this ??

i am working on STM32F429 board.
    my image size is 783x502 image of 77kB in JPEG. I cannot use GUI_BitDrowmap() because its bitmap file would become of 1.4 MB and i dont have such space to spare it in one image.

The post was edited 1 time, last by bhaveshshah2310 ().

• Hi,

decompressing an image of 783*502 pixels needs app. 96KByte of RAM in case of a non progressive JPEG. I assume there is not enough memory available. May be the WM has taken the available memory for an automatic memory device. Suppressing use of a memory device for that window may helps.

Regards, Jörg
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.