low voltage use with Nordic nRF51

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• low voltage use with Nordic nRF51

I have an nRF51822 design that I had intended to develop code with the Nordic devkit. However, the segger setup on the devkit only runs at 3.3V and my board is 1.8V.
    What se3gger device do I buy to allow for development with Nordic tools and a 1.8V target board?
    Thank you.
    Dave
  • Hi Dave,

which DevKit are you using? Could you provide us with a link to the manual / item description?
    the segger setup on the devkit

Are you referring to a J-Link OB ?

Do you want to design your own board or do you want to debug a third-party board?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I am using the nRF51-DK from Nordic Semiconductor. I want to use it to develop code on my product board which is exclusively 1.8V. On page 20 of the nRF51 user guide it states that "the voltage supported by external debugging/programming is 3.0V" I spoke with a Nordic rep and he confirmed that only the 3V level is available on their DK and I would need to ask Segger what hardware I should buy to work with the Nordic software tools and a 1.8V interface.
    I also asked if a bidirectional level translator (like the MAX3373) would provide the interface conversion and he did not think so but was not sure.
    I am hoping you can help.
    Thanks
    dave.
  • Hi Dave,

J-Link OBs may only be used with the boards they ship with: J-Link OB webpage
    Licensing
    J-Link OB is provided as part of an evaluation board. It is not sold separately. It may only be used to debug the device on the evaluation board it came with.
    Support is given via the eval board manufacturer and via SEGGER forum. J-Link OB may not be used for production purposes.

We would recommend a J-Link BASE or PLUS for your requirements (PLUS is identically to BASE but enhanced with a License for J-Link Debugger, J-Flash and Unlimited Flash Breakpoints).

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.