[V511] JLinkSWOViewer SWO frequency bug?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [V511] JLinkSWOViewer SWO frequency bug?

Hello,

when using JLinkSWOViewer from V511b package on OS X with only a device parameter given as command line parameter, the calculated maximum SWO frequency based on the measured CPU Clock (48MHz) is 6667kHz. If I am not mistaking this is a bug, because there is now integer divider for the TPI->ACPR register that enables this SWO frequency.
    I have tested other CPU Clocks that results in valid SWO frequencies (3 MHz CPU -> 3 MHz SWO; 6 MHz CPU -> 6 MHz SWO; 12 MHz CPU -> 6 MHz SWO; 24 MHz CPU -> 6 MHz SWO).

Kind regards
    Images
    • JLinkSWOViewer.png

83.38 kB, 502×618, viewed 627 times
  • Hi,

sorry for the delay in response.
    Are you using an evaluation board or custom hardware?
    Could you provide us with an board-independent application/project that can be used to reproduce the issue?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Niklas wrote:

Are you using an evaluation board or custom hardware?
    Could you provide us with an board-independent application/project that can be used to reproduce the issue?

I'm using both, custom hardware and the MSP432 Launchpad.
    Basically, there is no need for a application or project. The only thing you have to do for reproduction is connecting the JLink with the launchpad (or my custom board, does not matter) and start the JLinkSWOViewer as shown in the screenshot above. The the CPU frequency is measured correct as also shown (48MHz in my case) but the SWO frequency is calculated to 6667kHz. Because as far as i know there is only the ACPR register in the Cortex TPIU just a integer division of the CPU frequency is possible. And obviously 6667kHz is no divider of 48MHz. So in my opinion the maximum SWO frequency calculation is wrong and should be for example 6MHz instead.