[SOLVED] JLink.exe 5.10h Erases STM32F427 chip if read-protect bits are set

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink.exe 5.10h Erases STM32F427 chip if read-protect bits are set

Hello Segger,

In your JLink.exe 5.10h software release today, I see the following behavior for STM32F427 chips:

If the device has read-protect option bytes set, JLink will automatically attempt to reset the read-protect bytes before running the commands in the script file.
    During the attempt to reset the read-protect bits, the internal flash is erased. I think there's a window that popped up and asked the user if they
    wanted to reset the read-protect bits. I checked the box that said
    "never show this window again." How do I reset this software bit so that
    I can optionally NOT clear the read-protect bits?

If I have an application that simply wishes to read/write JTAG registers without erasing the part, is there a command-line option I can use to stop the automatic reset of the read-protect bits?

Also, during the process to clear the read-protect bits, the SPRMOD bit in the option bytes is not cleared, preventing the part from being programmed. You might need to add some steps to the JLink.exe startup procedure to properly handle this, just like you do in the JLinkSTM32.exe program.

As you've mentioned in several posts, there are several new command-line options to the 5.10 version of JLink software. When will these be added to the documentation?

Thanks for your support!
    Tim
  • New version 5.11d Beta fixes issue

I just tested out the 5.11d beta JLink DLL and it now properly allows my SDK-based programs to bypass around the pop-up window that comes up when attempting to read non-flash memory on read-protected STM32F427 parts.

Thanks to Segger for fixing these issues. Our team is now ready to go for production. This issue can be marked SOLVED.

Cheers,
    Tim
    nLIGHT Corporation
  • Hi Tim,

thanks for your feedback :) .

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.