Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 10:19pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ewout Boks

Beginner

Date of registration: Feb 28th 2014

Friday, January 15th 2016, 2:21pm

Linking on Mac OS X against libjlinkarm.dylib not working properly

Hello,

when linking a program to use the libjlinkarm.dylib on Mac OS X, I found the following error. The path in the dylib is not correct:

otool -L /Applications/SEGGER/JLink/libjlinkarm.5.10.7.dylib
/Applications/SEGGER/JLink/libjlinkarm.5.10.7.dylib:
Output/Release/x86_64/libjlinkarm.5.10.7.dylib (compatibility version 5.10.7, current version 5.10.7)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1213.0.0)
/usr/lib/libedit.3.dylib (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 3.0.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation (compatibility version 150.0.0, current version 1153.18.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 275.0.0)
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 283.0.0)

For some reason the path in the dylib has the beginning "Output/Release/X86_64" ...... This is not correct, it should point to the directory where the lib is installed into.

I manually changed it with :
sudo install_name_tool -id /Applications/SEGGER/JLink/libjlinkarm.5.10.7.dylib libjlinkarm.5.10.7.dylib

but I'd rather prefer Segger to release the library with the path correctly set ................. ;)

With best regards,

Ewout Boks