[SOLVED] Specify RTT port on JLinkGDBServer? or JLinkRemoteServer?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Specify RTT port on JLinkGDBServer? or JLinkRemoteServer?

I am trying to use two instances of the JLinkGDBServerCL.exe to communicate with two devices remotely over RTT.

I have 1 working great on port 19021 (default RTT port) , but there doesn’t seem to be a way to change the RTT port in the GUI or
    Command line. I eventually want to run 100 instances, and have them on port [9000-9100].

Am I missing this setting or is it not available yet, or just not documented?

The only option I see right now, is running each server in a docker container, and port forwarding them were I want, but 100 containers is lots of overhead.

Thanks for your help.

-Thomas

The post was edited 1 time, last by thomas.stilwell ().

• Hi Thomas,

Am I missing this setting or is it not available yet

Currently, this feature is not available. We plan to implement it in the near future.
    I will update this thread once a fixed release date is available.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi!

I second this request!

My purpose would be regression testing of several nodes communicating over radio with each other. As of now, the only option would be to use the JLink RTT Viewer and run the tests manually. Extremely boring, and also error prone.

Also, if you plan to implement this (and this looks like a small job), I would be interesting in when you plan itto be released.

regards,
    //Elm
  • Hi,

sorry for the delay.
    There will be an update regarding this request later this week, stay tuned :)

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

the RTT Telnet port will be modifiable in the next version of the J-Link software & documentation pack, which is planned for release by next week.

EDIT: It will be available in the next version after 5.12 .

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi Forum,

in case anyone missed it: Version 5.41a now comes with
    a) The command line parameter -RTTTelnetPort for J-Link commander (e.g. JLink.exe -RTTTelnetPort 9100 )
    b) The command string -SetRTTTelnetPort for the DLL

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi, Niklas,

I wonder if you have a release date for the 5.41 version? I see on the Beta download page that there is a 5.41b version already available, but I can not see any 5.41a version there.

regards,
    //Elm
  • Hi Elm,

I am not sure if understand the question.

5.41b supersedes version 5.41a (= the feature is available in 5.41a and 5.41b)
    5.42 (our release versions are always even) will be released in the near future, but has no planned release date yet. There are some big changes regarding J-Flash.

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hey Niklas,

great that this is now configurable.

However I would like this option to be present on JLinkGDBServer as well. (At least JLinkGDBServer JLink_Linux_V541h_arm does not seem to recognize it).

Thanks,
    kleinweby
  • Hi,

currently it is not possible to configure the RTT port of the GDB Server.
    This needs to be done via a command line parameter, as the port can only be changed before the first connection to J-Link.
    We will implement this feature short term, probably during next week.

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi Forum,

a -RTTTelnetport <Port> Option has been added to GDB Server with the following versions of the J-Link Software and Documentation Pack:
    V5.41n or higher beta versions
    V6.00 or higher release versions

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Specify RTT port on JLinkRemoteServerCL?

I have multiple instances of JLinkRemoteServerCL running as services so developers can conveniently connect to remote pieces of hardware on our automated build station. My problem is that by default, JLinkRemoteServerCL consumes the RTT port, even though it doesn't make sense to connect an RTT session to it directly. When the builder fires up its own local GDB server, it can't listen on port 19021 because the JLinkRemoteServerCL service running in the background has already consumed it. Is there a way to override this port on JLinkRemoteServerCL? I just need to be able to reroute it to some unused port, so that my GDB Server can still use 19021.
  • Hi Thomas,

thanks for the feedback!
    Good to hear that it works for you :)

Best regards,
    Niklas