[ABANDONED] Trying to simply execute JLink.exe with CommanderScript

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Trying to simply execute JLink.exe with CommanderScript

Hello everyone!

As the topic says already I am trying to execute JLink.exe with a Commanderscript by using the following command in cmd:

Source Code

1. JLink.exe -CommanderScript command.jlink

along with the following commanderscript
    (JLink seems to be not working no matter what's in the script-file but maybe it helps):

C Source Code

1. si 1 speed 4000 device STM32F417VG erase loadfile MyFile.hex r g

The problem is: all I get for output is the first two lines of Jlink's standard Output:

"SEGGER J-Link Commander V5.10c (Compiled.......
    DLL version V5.10c, compiled....."

Then JLink terminates.

The question is: what am I doing wrong in order to just automatically work through these commands?
    Executing Jlink.exe and going through the commands manually works perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi,

thanks for your inquiry.
    Please note that only one command per line is allowed.
    si 1
    speed 4000
    device STM32F417VG
    erase
    loadfile MyFile.hex
    r
    g
    Please make sure that J-Link is allowed to access the Commanderscript file and that the given path is valid.

If the problem persist, could you provide us with a J-Link logfile?
    Log output can be enabled like as follows:
    • Open a connection to J-Link, e.g start J-Link Commander
    • In J-Link Control Panel: (Click the J-Link symbol located in the notification / tray area in order to open J-Link Control panel)
    • Open the tab "Settings"
    • Next to the field "Log file" check "Override" and click "..." in order to choose a log file path.

This is also described in UM8001 Chapter 5 "Working with J-Link and J-Trace", Section 5.7 "J-Link control panel" .

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.