[ABANDONED] Setting Read Out Protection (ROP) on a STM8 device with an Flasher STM8

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Setting Read Out Protection (ROP) on a STM8 device with an Flasher STM8

Hi, I'm using a flasher STM8 to program a STM8 device. I also need to set the ROP in the STM8 but I'm not able to set this with the software of the Flasher STM8.
    Can you tell me if it's possible to set the ROP of an STM8 device with the Flasher STM8 software?
    I have seen a "Secure Chip" listing in the target menu but it is grayed out (disabled).
    I'm using version 1.20g of the Flasher STM8 software. I also used 1.11b but is was the same.
    Thanks in advance. Best regards, Pieter
  • Hi Pieter,

if "Secure Chip" is disabled than there is no native support in J-Flash for setting ROP of this target device.
    There are two alternative options:

Procedure 1:
    • Step 1: Programming of the target device.
    • Step 2: Locking the device via exit-steps. (Details in UM 8003, section 4.1.3.8 Init Steps)

Procedure 2:
    • Program the device with an application that locks the device on its first run.

Does one of these options work for you?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.