Monday, December 11th 2017, 12:31pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lpc2148guy

Beginner

Date of registration: Jan 27th 2009

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 2:35pm

JLink usb blinks on win xp pro SP3, new drivers tried. Works on win2000 pro.

Hi, I am using IAR embedded workbench 5.2 for ARM with J-link. On the system I would like to use (win XP pro sp3), the jlink led just blinks. I have tried all the latest drivers I could find. My win 2000 system works, but that is not connected to where my software will be versioned.
Are there any more ideas? I have also tried the command line jlink.exe, and it just can't connect to jlink.
Thanks for any ideas.
Steve

SEGGER - Til

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Nov 14th 2007

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 9:26am

Hello lpc2148guy,

we also use WinXp pro SP3, so there is no know issue with this windows version and J-Link drivers.

The J-Link led blinks when the usb driver is not correctly installed. So please try to install the usb drivers again.
If you have installed the J-Link software package the usb driver is already copied to your windows directory.

Does Windows ask you for usb drivers when you connect the J-Link?
Is the J-Link listed in the System Properties | Device Manager?

Regards,
Til

lpc2148guy

Beginner

Friday, January 30th 2009, 4:44pm

Hi, When plugging in, it doesn't ask for drivers. In the device manager, it says unknown device. I tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers, but same thing. I don't know what else to try.

lpc2148guy

Beginner

Wednesday, March 11th 2009, 3:19pm

Finally got j-link to work after doing many other different unrelated things and a few months.
Update j-link driver - didn't work.
UNPLUG computer for 15 minutes. Phantom power keeps the controllers for USB up apparently after computer shut down and they need to be reset.
Uninstall USB host controllers.
Then after they are found again, j-link recognized, blinking stopped. POS Win XP POS (but better than vista of course)