Device license for NXP LPC2468

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Device license for NXP LPC2468

I am running a board with an NXP LPC2468 device on it. I am able to connect to the target but I do not see the device based license that should be available with this device. I have a key based license for J-Flash ARM so I am able to use that to program the device but I do not have a key based license for J-Link ARM FlashBP so I am trying to use the device based license. I attempted to follow the directions in UM08001_JLinkARM.pdf but my J-Link Control Panel does not look like the one shown (see attachment). I did go to the tab labled device and try setting the device to LPC2468 but that did not seem to have any impact on the list of licenses available. When I run J-Link.exe it does see the ARM-7 device on my J-TAG chain (see attachment) so I'm not sure what is wrong.
    Any suggestions?

Anne
  • Hello Anne,

the device-based license is not explicitly shown in the control panel.
    You just have to ensure that the debugger has selected a device
    which is supported by the device-based license. (ControlPanel_Device.gif)

If an appropriate device has been selected, the "Settings" tab should show
    that licenses for FlashDL and FlashBP have been found (ControlPanel_Settings.gif)

>>[...] but my J-Link Control Panel does not look like the one shown (see attachment).
    Thank you for the information. The control panel appearance has changed a bit,
    so we will update the screenshot in the UM08001.

Best regards
    Alex
    Images
    • ControlPanel_Device.gif

5.13 kB, 556×370, viewed 1,189 times
    • ControlPanel_Settings.gif

8.52 kB, 556×370, viewed 1,074 times
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Device license for NXP LPC2468

Hello Alex,
    I still have a problem. If I go to the device screen in the control panel for "device" it shows "Not Selected" and for "Core Configured" it shows "None".
    It won't let me change any of the settings in that panel and I don't where to select the device. What am I missing?
    Thanks,
    Anne
  • Hello Anne,

did you follow the instructions in UM08001,
    chapter 7.4 " Using flash download and flash breakpoints with different debuggers"?

Does the problem still exist?

Bets regards,
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.