[SOLVED] Are there command line switches to JLink RTT Viewer?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Are there command line switches to JLink RTT Viewer?

Hi,

I work with several JLink enabled development boards in parallel, on a Windows box. I would like to have one icon for each of the development bards, so I need not go through the "SEGGER J-Link V4.93e - Emulator selection" popup each time. I wouild like to just double click on the icon for "Development board number 5", and the RTT Viewer starts without any popups.

For this to work, I need to add command line switches (or environment variables or something else.) The documentation for JLinkRTTViewer does not help.

Is this possible?

regards,
    //Elm
  • Hi Elm,

Unfortunately, there are no command line options to configure for JLink RTT Viewer.
    Command line options are planned to be available in a future release, but without a fixed release date yet.

Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when the new version becomes available?
    In case you want to subscribe to it yourself: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Elm,

I already checked the ones i would suggest: J-Link and J-Link Beta. (Below the "Company" Field)
    Of course you may additionally subscribe to all other notifications you are interested in.

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Elm,

the following command line switches are available for J-Link RTT Viewer:
    (Excerpt of UM80001):

Best regards,
    Niklas