[SOLVED] External flash proggramming using GDB server

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] External flash proggramming using GDB server

Hello. I have a board with STM32f746IG controller and S25FL128S qspi NOR-flash memory. I'd like to program my code using GDB server. How to do this? I've never done this before. I also want to use GDB server for debugging. Is it possible with the code located in external flash? Thank you

The post was edited 1 time, last by artemdmitriev ().

• Hello Artem,

both GDB Server and programming of CFI flash are described in UM8001, which is part of the Segger J-Link software & documentation pack :

• Chapter 3 "J-Link software and documentation package" Section 3.3 "J-Link GDB Server"
    • Chapter 6 "Flash download" section 6.5 "Setup for various debuggers (CFI flash)" subsection 6.5.2 "J-Link GDB Server".
    Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

as clarified via e-mail: You are trying to program a QSPI flash which comes with CFI info but not a parallel NOR flash with CFI info (this are two very different types of flash / CFI info).

The native generic (Q)SPI flash programming support for the ST STM32F7 device series has been delayed. Currently, we plan to have support available by the end of this month / during December depending on the daily interrupts.

Best regards
    Erik

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

For requests in the future, could you please contact us either via e-mail OR via the forum but not via both?
    As my colleague already wrote you via e-mail: Planned to be available in approx. 3 weeks.

- Erik