embOS View - sysRun

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RE: embOS View - sysRun

Hello pszemol,

The keyword "sysRun" is not being used in embOS or embOSView itself. Can you provide more details on where the keyword occured,
    e.g. provide a screenshot of embOSView? If desired, you may also contact us via Email.

Thanks and best regards,
    Martin
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Oh, my mistake... this is actual task in the larger system I am profiling, my coleague has wrapped some USB activities under this name - my bad! :) Kind of embarasing...

But going back to my original assumptions - how do I see CPU time spent in the interrupts?
    If a task is heavy in processing stuff in the ISR and wakes itself only at the end of the data acquisition, is the time of CPU spent the such ISR assigned to the task line in the embOS View Task list?

I have a task controlling a hardware device, and it uses seveal interrupts types: UART interrupts, Timer interrupts and Counter Capture interrupts. Is there a way to see during profiling a total relavite CPU time spent by this task, assuming many other task will also use other interrupts?

BTW - when I read the tasks list presented in embOS View (or the one in IAR IDE under embOS C-SPY plug-in),
    what does the "Run count" realy mean for a task? How do I interpret it?
    Or "Time slice", expressed sometimes as 0/2 and sometimes 0/0?

Thank you for shading some light on the subject... :)
  • Dear pszemol,

pszemol wrote:

But going back to my original assumptions - how do I see CPU time spent in the interrupts?
    If a task is heavy in processing stuff in the ISR and wakes itself only at the end of the data acquisition, is the time of CPU spent the such ISR assigned to the task line in the embOS View Task list?

Interrupt execution time is not tracked explicitly with embOSView.
    If an interrupt occurs during task execution, it's execution time is assigned to the execution time of the interrupted task.

pszemol wrote:

I have a task controlling a hardware device, and it uses seveal interrupts types: UART interrupts, Timer interrupts and Counter Capture interrupts. Is there a way to see during profiling a total relavite CPU time spent by this task, assuming many other task will also use other interrupts?

During the last weeks, we've been creating a new, free analysis tool: SEGGER SystemView.
    It is supported by embOS since V4.12 and may just perfectly fit your purpose. Is using this tool an option for you?

pszemol wrote:

BTW - when I read the tasks list presented in embOS View (or the one in IAR IDE under embOS C-SPY plug-in),
    what does the "Run count" realy mean for a task? How do I interpret it?
    Or "Time slice", expressed sometimes as 0/2 and sometimes 0/0?

"Run count" indicates the number of times the respective task has been activeated by the scheduler: It counts all activations since the last reset.
    "Time slice" indicates the configuration for this task if it was used with round-robin scheduling: It denotes the time (in embOS timer ticks) that a task will run in a round-robin scheduling before it gets suspended.
    Unless configured explicitly during a task's creation (or later on by calling OS_SetTimeSlice()), a default of two timer ticks is used. For more information, please refer to chapter "Round-robin scheduling algorithm" of the generic embOS manual.

Does this answer your questions? Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Best regards,
    Martin
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.