[SOLVED] How to use the new function of Drag-n-Drop flash programming with the latest firmwar for OpenSDA?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to use the new function of Drag-n-Drop flash programming with the latest firmwar for OpenSDA?

Hi,
    I downloaded the latest JLink firmware for OpenSDA from this link:segger.com/opensda.html, aftering replacing the firmware on a Freedom board, I found there is an Udisk appeared, I think this may be for the Drag-n-Drop flash programming, and how to use it?
    Thanks!
  • Hi,

As OpenSDA is mounted on many different boards, a flash configuration needs to be downloaded to the OpenSDA so it knows how to program the flash of the target device (there is not enough space to hold all algorithms in the firmware in parallel).
    As this feature is still in the verification/acceptance period on the Freescale side, the steps how to create such a flash config etc. is not publicly available yet.
    Acceptance period should be over in app. 2 weeks.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • NoFlashConfig.txt on a FRDM-K64F

Hi,

I think I have the same problem.
    I've flashed the file JLink_OpenSDA_V2_2015-10-13.bin to a FRDM-K64F.
    After power-up without pressing the reset button, the board is mounted as a USB storage device again (which is not expected).
    The device lists the file NoFlashConfig.txt which contains the text "No valid VMSD configuration for target flashing found."

Where can I get this configuration?

Best regards,
    Christian
  • Hi Christian,

Status did not change since last reply from Alex. From SEGGER side everything is prepared and done (required firmware changes, etc...). Right now the last status from Freescale is still: Verification/acceptance period on the their side. We will ping them again and check if there are any news regarding this. Keep you posted.

Best regards
    Erik

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

Sorry, it took way longer than expected (again, it was not a delay on the SEGGER side):
    segger.com/opensda.html

Best regards
    Alex