[SOLVED] Add new Device To J-Flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Add new Device To J-Flash

Hello

i have a j-link flash probe and it doesn't support my chip(Samsung micro-controller S3C3410X ARM7TDMI).
    actually i connect to ARM7 core and read back the external memory that already connected to it,
    but the problem is that j-link can't read back the 4KB internal flash memory of micro and according to j-link user guide(Document: UM08003) it's necessary to choose respective device from the "Device" list of "CPU" dialog to access the internal flash memory,
    so can you add S3C3410X to Device list?

With kind regards

• Hello Amir,

if i understand the manual correctly, than this 4KB are not flash memory, but SRAM.
    Internal 4K-byte memory can be configured as (4KB Cache only), (2KB Cache and 2KB SRAM), or (4KB SRAM only).

How is the memory configured? Cache or SRAM?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Add new Device To J-Flash

hello Niklas,

sorry for the delay

you right, as you said it isn't a flash memory, according to user's manual(Revision 2) at section 4 (system manager) Figure 4-1, i think it's a SRAM memory that can be configure as SRAM or Cache, and it's important to Read Back the SFR(Special Function Register) because it contains the most important configuration settings of microcontroller.

Thank you for your support
  • Hello Niklas

i found two files (Flash.csv & MCU.csv) in J-flash installation folder.
    it seems these files contain the special features of microcontrollers that support by j-flash.
    do you know about how to fill these files and what is their element's description?

"thank you"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Amir ().

• Hi,

these two files are maintained and generated by us. They should not be edited.
    If a device is missing or if an entry contains invalid values (e.g. wrong Flash/RAMSize), please get in touch with segger.com/support/technical-support/
    We are currently working on a new version of J-Flash which does not need this files any longer, but directly uses the J-Link DLL.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.