[ABANDONED] Can't set breakpoints when attaching to a running target

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Can't set breakpoints when attaching to a running target

Using j-Trace for ARM Cortex M processors for a Cortex-M3 under IAR EWARM 7.30.
    I can program and set breakpoints fine. I am working today on an issue relating to sleeping and waking.
    When the device sleeps, the debugging session loses connection. That is expected. I then attach to the running target and that works fine.

The problem is that when I attach to a running target, I can break and see symbols but it doesn't stop at existing breakpoints. It doesn't stop at new breakpoints.

Is there something special that needs to be done? I seem to remember this working on older revs of the jTrace firmware. Maybe I am remembering wrong.

Any clues would help. Thanks!

Maybe if I can disable flash breakpoints it might help. Not sure how I do that.

So apparently there are similar issues reported in the past. Need to go through the history.

The post was edited 2 times, last by dgoldman ().

• Hi,

sorry for the delay in response.
    Can you try if the problem does still exists using the newest software available? (V5.02f, segger.com/jlink-software.html )
    Can you check whether the BPs are present in the J-Link Control Panel? (Left click on the green J-Link tray icon, tab " Breakpoints")

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.