[SOLVED/OR] JLink Icon doesnt dissaper and stacks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED/OR] JLink Icon doesnt dissaper and stacks

Hello there,
    I am using windows 7 64 bit and JLink Edu. Whenever I program my target in eclipse a new tray icon is created in the bar. The problem is it doesnt dissaper and if I for example program the target 10 times then 10 tray icons will be created. To fix this I just have to hover over them and they dissapear but still, they arent being removed:

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14154631/jlinksegger.png[/img]

I believe I am using version 4.96. Was this ever fixed in newer versions? I would appreciate all help.
  • Hi Bremen,

as fair as I know this is more a windows - than a J-Link issue.
    I will check with my colleagues if I am wrong about this.

To fix this I just have to hover over them and they dissapear but still, they arent being removed:

I do not understand this sentence. Do they disappear if you hover over them, or do they not?

I believe I am using version 4.96. Was this ever fixed in newer versions?

We recommend to update regularly, in order to use new features, experience better performance, and take advantage of better documentation.

Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when the new version becomes available?
    In case you want to subscribe to it yourself: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

This usually happens if the process that loads the DLL is killed instead of shutdown properly.
    As far as I can see, you are working with Eclipse and therefore with J-Link GDBServer as interface between J-Link DLL and Eclipse.
    Sounds like JLink GDBServer is not terminated gracefully causing the DLL instance to be killed and not be able to cleanup the icon creation etc.

Will check if we can improve something regarding this. I think there is a way e.g. via implementing atexit().

Best regards
    Alex

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi there thank you for answers,
    Sorry I didnt answer imidietally but i didnt receive email notification. Thank you for the heads up I am looking forward to the answer for this case. As for the updates, I am notified about updates but I rather not do any updates as far as everything works for me. I had a lot of experience when new versions of segger software made a lot of plugins/ programs stop working and I had to do a lot of reconfigurations.

Also for the clarification- yes after I hover my mouse over the leftover icons they dissapear :P.

The post was edited 1 time, last by bremenpl ().

• Hi,

it is still on our ToDo list, but with low priority, since it is only a visual "bug" without any bad consequences and only occurs if our process is killed / closed ungratefully.
    However, as Alex said, we will take a look at it some time in the (most likely not-so-far) future.

Best regards,
    Niklas