[SOLVED] Using the cortex M0+ Micro Trace Buffer with j-link

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Using the cortex M0+ Micro Trace Buffer with j-link

Hello,

Has anyone actually managed to correctly set up and read trace information from the M0+ MTB using j-link pro/ultra+ etc.? Keil MDK supports it with Ulink and IAR supports it with I-Jet but I am at a loss when it comes to using j-link. I seem to have tried everything without success. Is it the responsibility of the IDE to support this or is it down to the j-link itself? does anyone have a definitive answer and is this forum the correct place to get answers for these questions or should I direct them to Segger support instead? Thanks in anticipation.

Kind regards.
  • Hi,

This is something the IDE needs to support.
    We already got some preliminary implementation from ARM/Keil for MDK and it looks good so far.
    It is currently fine-tuned and will be released in the not to distant future (sorry, did not get any release date from ARM yet).

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Alex,
    Thanks for the update. By the way I spoke to IAR yesterday and this is what they said;
    IAR Quote: "According to our development team, MTB is not supported when using J-Link.
    That support is on our TODO-list. Unfortunately, we have no information on
    any planned release date for that feature.

An I-jet and/or a CMSIS-DAP debug probe are the only options available for MTB at the moment.
    "
    So this answers my question regarding IAR EWARM compatibility. From what you say sounds like Keil are more on the ball with this and could provide a solution sooner rather than later.
    Kind regards.